Veena Kumaravel, M.D. attended medical school at the P.S.G. Institute of Medical Sciences & Research in Peelamedu, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. She then traveled to the United States to complete an internship in Internal Medicine at Creighton University Medical Center in Omaha, Nebraska. She headed to Cleveland, Ohio next for her residency in Internal Medicine, then finished her medical education with a Fellowship in Gastroenterology at Aurora Sinai Medical Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Dr. Kumaravel’s specific areas of interest within the field of gastroenterology are in treating pregnancy-related gastrointestinal issues and IBD (inflammatory bowel disease), such as Crohn’s disease and colitis.
When she is not working at the Digestive Health Centers of Texas, her hobbies include reading books, kayaking, skiing, and traveling.
Contact us today to speak with an experienced gastroenterologist.
Education, Memberships, Awards, and Affiliations
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Gastroenterology Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Medical School: P.S.G. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research – Peelamedu, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- Internship in Internal Medicine: Creighton University Medical Center – Omaha, NE
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Cleveland Clinic – Cleveland, OH
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology: Aurora Sinai Medical Center – Milwaukee, WI
- Affiliated with Methodist Richardson Medical Center and Digestive Health Center of Plano in Plano