Sanjay Nayyar, M.D. got his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degrees from Government Medical College in Patiala, India, where he also completed an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Rajindra Hospital. He then came to the United States and completed another internship and residency in Internal Medicine, along with a fellowship in Gastroenterology at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, IL.
Dr. Nayyar has a stellar academic record that began while he was in Government Medical College in India, where he finished in the top 5% of graduates. After he finished his internal medicine residency in the USA, he was ranked in the top 10% of residents in the country, and he finished in the top 2% in the state medical entrance test and the state postgraduate entrance examination.
Dr. Nayyar worked as a gastroenterologist in Las Vega, NV for 13 years before joining Digestive Associates of Texas in June of 2017. He served in several leadership positions in Las Vegas, including as a GI attending at University Medical Center and the Valley Hospital Residency program, an assistant professor at Touro University, and as both Program Director of the GI Fellowship Program and Director of Endoscopy at Valley Hospital Medical Center.
Education, Memberships, Awards, and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Government Medical College – Patiala, India
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, Rajindra Hospital – Patiala, India
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, Cook County Hospital and John Stroger Hospital of Cook County – Chicago, IL
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology, Cook County Hospital – Chicago, IL
- American Gastroenterology Association