- Undergraduate: Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX
- Medical School: William Carey University COM in Hattiesburg, MS
- Residency: Medical City of Fort Worth in Fort Worth, TX
- Fellowship: Medical City of Fort Worth and John Peter Smith, in Fort Worth, TX
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Dr. Asha Adams is a gastroenterologist. She performs routine GI procedures such as upper endoscopy and colonoscopy, that aid in the diagnosis, screening and surveillance of gastrointestinal diseases and cancers. She is fluent in English. She is a member of the American College of Physicians, American College of Gastroenterology, ASGE, and AGA organizations.
Why did you choose to specialize in Gastroenterology?
GI related conditions have become more and more prevalent, which sparked my interest initially. The procedural aspect of the job was an added bonus. It is a field that is constantly evolving, and it is exciting to be a part of. I knew I wanted to pursue this field very early on in medical school!
What do you and your family enjoy doing in your spare time?
Spending time with my husband and my kids, playing tennis, and traveling